- 1 An Overview of Anti-aging creams
- 1.1 When should you start to use anti-ageing cream?
- 1.2 Some anti-ageing creams are lightweight and thus you can use it during the day. So follow the below mentioned steps to understand how to use an anti-ageing cream and get the most benefit out of it.
An Overview of Anti-aging creams
As we start to age, we tend to use anti-ageing creams. Unhealthy lifestyle factors are responsible for our bad and sagging skin. Moreover, continuous exposure to sun rays can also cause damage to our skin and thus cause wrinkles. Nowadays various anti-ageing creams are accessible in the market. Each and every cream come with a promise of reducing wrinkles and they also assert to alter the damages that are caused by the sun’s harmful UV rays. But can you completely rely on these creams? Are they really effective? Always remember that the effectiveness of an anti-ageing cream depends completely on its ingredients. The reason behind this is that over the counter creams that are available without prescriptions are not usually scientifically demonstrated for their effectiveness.
When should you start to use anti-ageing cream?
The process of skin ageing varies from one person to another. Various factors can influence it. From the age of 25-30 years you must begin to provide your skin all the protection that it requires. Ultra violet filters along with adapted anti-ageing ingredients are much essential. Type of skin along with age plays a vital role in selecting the best anti-ageing cream. These creams are developed for a specific skin type and age group and come with ingredients that will support particular needs of the skin.
Any anti-ageing cream with antioxidants can be included in your daily skin care regimen from the early age of 21 years. But be careful to use those creams that are well suited for your own skin type. For instance, if you have a dry skin, you will require intensive and lipid rich creams but a normal, combination oily skin will never need such a cream because it will cause breakouts, blackheads as well as clogged pores. Once you turn 30 years old, acne might appear on your skin. So start to incorporate more and more active ingredients in your daily routine.
You should also remember not to use harsh exfoliants in scrub or chemical form. Using acids in cleansers, serums and scrubs will prove to be very aggressive and damage the barrier function of your skin. As a result an irritation and reddening of your skin will occur. Anti-ageing products that stimulate turnover of cell by exfoliating your skin with some ingredients such as salicylic, lactic and glycolic acids should not be used.
Do anti-ageing creams really work?
They claim to decrease the appearance of wrinkles and lower any premature ageing. Although there is not abundant evidence for showing how anti-ageing creams work, but some active ingredients that are used in these creams are proved to be safe as well as effective. So you should try to find those right ingredients that will work great with you. Here are few active ingredients that used commonly in anti-ageing creams and play a great role in reducing the signs associated with ageing.
- Retinal: It is a Vitamin A compound and is used widely as an anti-oxidant ingredient in creams that are available over the counter. Its antioxidant property aids to fight all damages that are caused by the free radicals and which can lead to skin cells’ break down and ultimately cause wrinkles.
- Coenzyme Q10: This ingredient found in anti-ageing creams assist in decreasing wrinkles present near the eyes and offers great protection from any damage caused by the sun.
- Hydroxy acids: Some exfoliants such as alpha, beta as well as poly hydroxyl acids help to remove the upper layer of all old along with dead skins. These ingredients too play the key role to stimulate growth of evenly pigmented as well as smooth recently developed skin.
- Niacinamide: It helps to reduce water loss from the skin and also improves skin elasticity.
- Peptides: It aids to heal stretch marks, wounds as well as wrinkles.
- Vitamin C: It is an important antioxidant that is present in anti-ageing creams. It will protect your skin from UV rays’ damage. Remember to store the anti-ageing creams that contain Vitamin C in a cool as well as dry place away from the direct sunlight and air.
- Grape seed extract: Grape seeds extract has properties that aid to heal wounds. It also comes with anti-oxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
- Tea extracts: Some compounds of black, oolong and green tea include anti-oxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties. Greens tea extracts are found commonly in anti-ageing creams.
What will an anti-ageing cream do?
- An anti-ageing cream with proper ingredients will improve your skin’s health.
- It will be hydrating and nourishing your skin and making your skin look fresh, younger as well as glow.
- Your skin tone will be smoothened and your skin will become free of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It will help in balancing dry, oily patches and heal as well as repair skin damage.
- It will add firmness along with elasticity to your skin.
How should you use anti-ageing cream?
Some anti-ageing creams are lightweight and thus you can use it during the day. So follow the below mentioned steps to understand how to use an anti-ageing cream and get the most benefit out of it.
- Wash your face with warm water. Use a cleanser.
- Use a soft cloth to dry it. Do not make your skin irritated.
- Allow it to stay moist.
- Take out a small amount of your anti-ageing cream on your palm.
- Rub your hands well and then gently apply the rubbed cream on your clean and moist skin. Rub starting from the neck and move upwards.
- Apply it on your face as well as neck.
- Massage lightly in circular motion.
- Avoid the creases of your eyes.
- Let the cream get absorbed properly. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Before going to bed at night, remove all your makeup, clean your face well and repeat this same procedure.
The perfect way of preventing ageing is to apply sunscreen daily and eat a diet rich in antioxidants because they will be preventing ageing from the inside. Other than these always use an anti-ageing cream that is formulated exclusively for your skin type. So be it fighting the discomforting free radicals or stimulating the natural collagen production of the skin, these anti-ageing creams make attractive promises. So before spending your money every year on the anti-ageing creams, have a clear idea of the effective ingredients, how anti-ageing creams work and then buy the one according to your skin type.
Watch full video about Anti Aging Cream