An Overview of Anti-aging creams
As we start to age, we tend to use anti-ageing creams. Unhealthy lifestyle factors are responsible for our bad and sagging skin. Moreover, continuous exposure to sun rays can also cause damage to our skin and thus cause wrinkles. Nowadays various anti-ageing creams are accessible in the market. Each and every cream come with a promise of reducing wrinkles and they also assert to alter the damages that are caused by the sun’s harmful UV rays. But can you completely rely on these creams? Are they really effective? Always remember that the effectiveness of an anti-ageing cream depends completely on its ingredients. The reason behind this is that over the counter creams that are available without prescriptions are not usually scientifically demonstrated for their effectiveness.
When should you start to use anti-ageing cream?
The process of skin ageing varies from one person to another. Various factors can influence it. From the age of 25-30 years you must begin to provide your skin all the protection that it requires. Ultra violet filters along with adapted anti-ageing ingredients are much essential. Type of skin along with age plays a vital role in selecting the best anti-ageing cream. These creams are developed for a specific skin type and age group and come with ingredients that will support particular needs of the skin.
Any anti-ageing cream with antioxidants can be included in your daily skin care regimen from the early age of 21 years. But be careful to use those creams that are well suited for your own skin type. For instance, if you have a dry skin, you will require intensive and lipid rich creams but a normal, combination oily skin will never need such a cream because it will cause breakouts, blackheads as well as clogged pores. Once you turn 30 years old, acne might appear on your skin. So start to incorporate more and more active ingredients in your daily routine.
You should also remember not to use harsh exfoliants in scrub or chemical form. Using acids in cleansers, serums and scrubs will prove to be very aggressive and damage the barrier function of your skin. As a result an irritation and reddening of your skin will occur. Anti-ageing products that stimulate turnover of cell by exfoliating your skin with some ingredients such as salicylic, lactic and glycolic acids should not be used.
Do anti-ageing creams really work?
They claim to decrease the appearance of wrinkles and lower any premature ageing. Although there is not abundant evidence for showing how anti-ageing creams work, but some active ingredients that are used in these creams are proved to be safe as well as effective. So you should try to find those right ingredients that will work great with you. Here are few active ingredients that used commonly in anti-ageing creams and play a great role in reducing the signs associated with ageing.
- Retinal: It is a Vitamin A compound and is used widely as an anti-oxidant ingredient in creams that are available over the counter. Its antioxidant property aids to fight all damages that are caused by the free radicals and which can lead to skin cells’ break down and ultimately cause wrinkles.
- Coenzyme Q10: This ingredient found in anti-ageing creams assist in decreasing wrinkles present near the eyes and offers great protection from any damage caused by the sun.
- Hydroxy acids: Some exfoliants such as alpha, beta as well as poly hydroxyl acids help to remove the upper layer of all old along with dead skins. These ingredients too play the key role to stimulate growth of evenly pigmented as well as smooth recently developed skin.
- Niacinamide: It helps to reduce water loss from the skin and also improves skin elasticity.
- Peptides: It aids to heal stretch marks, wounds as well as wrinkles.
- Vitamin C: It is an important antioxidant that is present in anti-ageing creams. It will protect your skin from UV rays’ damage. Remember to store the anti-ageing creams that contain Vitamin C in a cool as well as dry place away from the direct sunlight and air.
- Grape seed extract: Grape seeds extract has properties that aid to heal wounds. It also comes with anti-oxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
- Tea extracts: Some compounds of black, oolong and green tea include anti-oxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties. Greens tea extracts are found commonly in anti-ageing creams.
What will an anti-ageing cream do?
- An anti-ageing cream with proper ingredients will improve your skin’s health.
- It will be hydrating and nourishing your skin and making your skin look fresh, younger as well as glow.
- Your skin tone will be smoothened and your skin will become free of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It will help in balancing dry, oily patches and heal as well as repair skin damage.
- It will add firmness along with elasticity to your skin.
How should you use anti-ageing cream?
Some anti-ageing creams are lightweight and thus you can use it during the day. So follow the below mentioned steps to understand how to use an anti-ageing cream and get the most benefit out of it.
- Wash your face with warm water. Use a cleanser.
- Use a soft cloth to dry it. Do not make your skin irritated.
- Allow it to stay moist.
- Take out a small amount of your anti-ageing cream on your palm.
- Rub your hands well and then gently apply the rubbed cream on your clean and moist skin. Rub starting from the neck and move upwards.
- Apply it on your face as well as neck.
- Massage lightly in circular motion.
- Avoid the creases of your eyes.
- Let the cream get absorbed properly. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Before going to bed at night, remove all your makeup, clean your face well and repeat this same procedure.
The perfect way of preventing ageing is to apply sunscreen daily and eat a diet rich in antioxidants because they will be preventing ageing from the inside. Other than these always use an anti-ageing cream that is formulated exclusively for your skin type. So be it fighting the discomforting free radicals or stimulating the natural collagen production of the skin, these anti-ageing creams make attractive promises. So before spending your money every year on the anti-ageing creams, have a clear idea of the effective ingredients, how anti-ageing creams work and then buy the one according to your skin type.
Should you use an anti-ageing cream?
There are many women who wish to save their young looking skin and throw away all age related change. But not all of them know what to do about it. So bread along and begin your skin care today.
A product worth suggesting
“It contains retinol as well as hyaluronic acid. This anti-aging cream treated my dark pigmentation along with skin wrinkles and ageing signs. Thus it made my skin appear younger and also brighter. It did not make my skin dry. It also added sun protection, moisturized and evened out my skin tone for wonderful radiance. I always apply it every day one time in the morning and then again at night before I go to bed. The cream is also non-greasy. I will definitely recommend this product as it get easily absorbed in the skin and has a non-sticky formula.”
Genuine anti-ageing cream
“As I aged, my skin started to lose elasticity and resilience. I have a sensitive skin and so wrinkles started to appear on my face. So I got hold of this genuine anti-ageing cream as recommended by my friend. I began to use it 30 minutes before I left my house. I always properly cleansed the dirt and removed all makeup from my face before I used it. I never used hot water for cleaning my face. I took a small amount of this cream and massaged gently. I waited until it got completely absorbed into the skin. It will never harm your skin around your eyes but it is always better that you avoid such areas. It prevented skin aging efficiently and my skin looked youthful and fresh. I often used it as a daily moisturizer too.”
A perfect skin care regimen
“When I started to use it, the very first thing observed by me was that my skin became firm, pores shrunk as well as fine lines evened out. I was having a red nose and after 2 weeks the colour got balanced well. I was very happy. Dark circles along with blemishes were also present. But this cream was a great preventative. It also treated skin lightening other than aging signs. It is also a wonderful moisturizer. I will tell everyone to get their skin protected with the complete care of this anti-ageing cream as well as enjoy fruitful result for many years.”
Youthful and radiant skin
“This anti-ageing cream includes natural ingredients. So I never had allergy and irritation while using it. It is also suitable for all skin type. So I liked it a lot. I always remembered to remove my makeup as well as impurities well from my face along with neck before I applied it. It worked great for my fine lines as well as wrinkles. It works perfectly for mature skin and skin recovery. My skin became smooth as well as moisturized. My skin tone was strengthened and also improved. I could notice a balanced skin texture too. Once you will start to use it, you will understand that your skin is regaining elasticity along with youth much faster.”
So do not get worried anymore as this anti-ageing cream will be taking proper care of your wrinkles and adding a youth touch to your skin.
Best anti-wrinkle cream: Go through the proper reviews
If you are in search of the best anti-wrinkle cream, then have a look at the reviews mentioned below.
“I have been using this wonderful anti-wrinkle cream ever since it came in the market. It comes with a creamy texture and its results will make you feel that it is worth the money. It includes the perfect blend of ingredient such as hyaluronic acid, vitamin B3, etc. All these ingredients worked together for moisturizing and plumping my skin, lifting surface cells as well as smoothening any the appearance of fine lines. I saw wrinkles becoming softened from the very first day I started using it. I have already recommended this product to my friends and will suggest everyone with wrinkle problems to buy it.”
Neutrogena: Hydro Boost
“This face gel-cream is actually a water-based moisturizer. Since I have aging skin, I started to use it because it adds non-greasy hydration. Its gel texture got absorbed fast and its formula harnessed the hyaluronic acid’s power of deeply hydrating my skin for a long time even after I rubbed it well in my skin. Other than making my skin soft and shiny, I also noticed great improvements after using it for once. I always applied it before going to bed and the next day in the morning my skin always looked and also felt completely different. My skin had a glow, the skin texture was different, and my acne was also not as agitated as it looked before. It also looked a little bit minimized. After this, I kept on using it and my acne has been creased making my skin supple, clear and brightened. I will suggest using this anti-wrinkle cream every day after you cleanse your face well for achieving great results.”
Pond’s: Age Miracle
“I have been looking for a good anti-wrinkle cream that will effectively work during the day when I go out for work. My friend recommended Pond’s Age Miracle Wrinkle Corrector and I love it completely because it delivered exactly what I was looking for. It worked perfectly throughout one day for giving me young as well as vibrant skin. This is because of its ingredient retinol-C complex that aids to reduce any wrinkle present on skin and thus help it to look vibrant the entire day. After each use, my skin was nourished as well as deeply moisturized. It is the ideal choice for anyone who wants to get hold of a good anti-wrinkle cream at an affordable price.”
“My husband and I have been using this anti-wrinkle cream. It is not only very reasonable but both men and women can use it. Its herbal formulation naturally helped me to get rid of my wrinkles. Other than this, my skin tone also got improved. Aloe Vera, sandalwood and lemon are its ingredient and it aids in oxidizing your skin and preventing wrinkles from appearing. My skin was also protected from the harmful UV rays, deeply moisturized and nourished. Thus my skin became soft as well as supple. Spots got removed too and my skin started to appear young and also clear. I used it daily as it smoothened, toned and tightened my skin.”
So do not wait any more, get hold of the best anti-wrinkle cream according to your preference.